- Sodium alginate, 5 to 8 g/L
- Calcium chloride, 5 to 10g/L of water
- The product to be spherified
How to use
- For the elaboration of the direct spherification, we will use three different baths.
- Add Sodium alginate to 1/3 of the liquid you are going to use and mix until it is completely dissolved.
- Add the other 2/3 parts of the main ingredient and let it rest for 1 hour until it loses the air produced with the mixer.
- In the meantime, dilute the calcium chloride with water in a bowl and prepare another recipient with water.
- The Alginate reaction takes place in contact with the Chloride bath, forming a layer that will be gelling towards its inner side.
- When it reaches the desired texture, drain the spheres into the water bowl to remove the excess of calcium chloride.