Bacon Wrapped Scallops Filet
- Scallops 94%
- Water 4%
- Bindly GS Transglutaminase 1%
- Salt 1%
How to use
- Fresh or frozen scallops can be used. Make sure the scallops are completely thawed before structuring process.
- Mix whole scallops with the salt until completely absorbed.
- Add the Bindly GS Transglutaminase to the water (10 to 25ºC), mix until dissolved and add to the salted scallops. Mix manually until the meat starts to absorb the Bindly GS mixture (2-4 min).
- Store at cool temperature (2-5°C) and leave to set for between 8-24 hours.
- Once structure has been given to the product, it should be carefully unpacked from the mold/casing.
- Spread the Bindly GS Transglutaminase powder onto the surface of one side of each bacon slice.
- Wrap the scallop filet in bacon slices in the desired manner.
- Put the bacon wrapped scallop filet into molds making sure each mold is full and compact. Also, you can use cling film to shape and compact and then wrap tightly.
- Store at cool temperature (2-5°C) for another 8-24 hours.
- Once structured, the product can be sliced, cooked, frozen, etc.